Welcome to Black Dog Paddle
Central Virginia's Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) leader!
Stand Up Paddleboarding also known as SUP, is the incredible combination of canoeing, kayaking and surfing. Using a canoe-like paddle and standing atop a stable and balanced long board, paddlers propel themselves through the water with smooth alternating strokes. SUP offers an alternative core workout with a cadence similar to swimming and cycling. In a short time you will become one with water; finding yourself living in the moment. Paddle boarding offers a new perspective of our natural surroundings and an escape from your daily stress. Come Stand Up Paddleboard, SUP, on The James River in RVA with us today!
To Book A Class Today!
Follow these quick easy steps!
- Go to the Calendar Page
- Find a date on the Calendar that works with your schedule
- Click on the Calendar Date for any additional Information
- Sign up Today or use the Register link in the right margin
- Fill it out and we will contact you via email with a confirmation
- Payment will be collected at Class time or via phone prior to your Class
Our Locations and Directions:
- Richmond, VA - The James River
- Dutch Gap Location: 411 Coxendale Road, Chester, VA 23836
- Robious Landing Park: 3800 James River Road, Midlothian, VA 23113
- Fredericksburg, VA
- Williamsburg & Jamestown, VA
- Eco Discovery Park: 2054 Jamestown Road, Williamsburg, VA 23185
- Charlottesville, VA
We offer Stand Up Paddle classes in:
- Basic, Advanced, Women’s Only, Group & Private Instruction
- SUP Yoga and Stand Up fitness classes on the water!
- Kids Stand Up Paddleboard SUP Camps!
- Eco-tours of Virginia's Waterways
- Excursions going to waterways outside of Virginia!
- Stand Up Paddleboard SUP Rentals
- Meetup.com Pack Paddle Nights
- ACA National Instructor Certification Courses
- Gift Certificates
- Punch Pass discount cards
Check out our calendar page for prices, locations, and times
In the news
- Style Weekly: 2012 Top 40 Under 40
- Washington Post: Paddleboarding has landed in Washington, D.C.
- NBC4 Washington: Stand-Up Paddling: Less Nerve-Wracking Than Surfing
- Chesterfield Observer: …Or enjoy a "stay-cation" close to home
- Grid: Black Dog Brings Stand -UP Paddling to the James
- Shape: 25 Fat-Burning Workouts to Get You in Shape This Summer
- Richmond BizSense: On their toes
- Richmond Times Dispatch: Fans get show before rain postpones Riverrock